new kids music review

9:22 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Every time I've read that some kids album is supposed to be rock, I listen and am always disappointed; it always sounds folksy and watered down. Not so with Rockosaurus Rex. The songs sound like they could be on the radio; there are real electric guitars being played with virtuosity, there's full awesome drums, bass guitar, and strong lyrics. And it's so fun for kids; my toddler loves all the extra fun things thrown in, like the cuckoo clocks on "I'm a Nut," the train on "I've been working on the railroad," the deep thunderstorm effects on "The Ants Go Marching," the sound effects on "Wheels on the Bus," and more. I just really appreciate NOT having to hear yet another tentatively voiced rendition of a kids song with a lightly strumming acoustic guitar. This stuff sounds like serious hard rock, done well, and my husband and I enjoy it as much as my 2 year old (and all the kids in the preschool where I teach, including the pre-K's.) The strong rhythm on the fast tracks just makes the kids jump up and down, and the slow songs have amazing artistry that can be appreciated. I can't recommend this enough. It truly rocks.

0 comments: