friday the 13th, oooh

9:43 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Now that there are 17 minutes left of Friday the 13th, I have only just noticed what it was. Stayed home today, just letting the kids run around the backyard til the littlest one needed his nap. 

I really should work on my long term working projects sometimes. At least transcribe my Paris journal some more onto the computer. I already transcribed the European travel journal and went through a preliminary edit of the whole thing. Then I got bored with the project - ugh, I have to dig into this vague description of feelings and extract some dialogue and memories of setting to make it more interesting? blargh - and that's when I decided to switch to the Paris journal and transcribe THAT to see if 1.) they could be merged into My Year Abroad story, or to see if Paris, which happened first anyway, would make a better first story. Actually, (which is a word I use often and now which my 4 year old uses constantly) I don't believe I've ever come across any bio-fiction dealing with My Year Abroad. There must be some. I must check Amazon. brb.

Ok, b. Here is what I found:

A Year Abroad: The Swiss Diary of Christy by Christine M. A Kraemer (Paperback - Dec 31, 2002)
and a bunch of books that are Guides to Having a Totally Awesome Time Abroad if You're A Dummy

Hmm, I may have a niche there, unless my Google skills are lacking. I put the dh on that task, just in case. Anyhoo, might be nice to launch something like that into the universe. I had always thought writing would be more for my 40's, but if there's an empty niche, I wouldn't want to miss a meteoric rise. The in laws, coincidentally, just started their own publishing company. Though I feel tempted to go through more established channels, like "getting published" would seem more real that way? 

Well I'd better go, now it's time for some Ben & Jerry's and tv time. Ahhh.

0 comments: