mornings

6:32 AM Posted In , , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I'm dogged by the constant feeling that I'm forgetting something. I have more on my plate than the average person, though I know we're all super busy. It's 8am and a very dry morning. The baby has nursed me so dry it's like all my cells had to contribute to the milk to make sure there was some. I need a drink of water, but here on the couch, where Baby and Toddler are watching their "mommy needs time to wake up" show, is where I have to be stuck unless I want to hear Baby's shriek of separation anxiety lest I move a muscle.
I also would like to put in a load of laundry, make some coffee, and fold up the clean laundry. At least the baby's diaper is already changed! The toddler still hasn't gone potty. 
Today we're going to stay around the house. Maybe I'll put the xmas decorations away. What? Yeah it's February. At least they're in boxes in the guest bedroom, not all over the living room. 
I could go through several bags of old papers and mail. Find something for dinner to cook. Need to find out the inventory of one of the stores where we sell our baby tshirts that we make. I can post more of Toddler's old clothes on ebay, the special box that has the brand names saved. I need to call back the exterminator company which has been hounding us to schedule some maintenance. I have to call Baby's midwife to get together this month for some catching up. And I never did call back to get my pap results. This list is boring me. I haven't blogged or journaled in a long time. It just doesn't seem like I have the time or energy to peruse my own thought process in the detail I used to.
It's 40 minutes later and I still haven't gotten that drink of water.

0 comments: